Understanding Your Zoombak Battery Life
As you start using your Zoombak Advanced GPS Locator, there are some important things to keep in mind to help you get the most out of your Zoombak's battery life.
1. How do you charge your Zoombak?
Ensuring your battery is fully charged can help maximize your Zoombak’s battery life.
- Before using your Zoombak for the first time, you will need to turn your Zoombak "On", plug it in and fully charge the battery. The initial charge will take 6 hours. The green LED light on your Zoombak may turn on before the 6 hour time period, however, in order to fully charge your Zoombak the first time it is important to keep it charging for the full 6 hours.
- It will take 4 hours to fully charge your battery each time you charge your battery after the initial charge. The green LED light on your Zoombak may turn on before the 4 hour time period is up; however, it is important to keep it charging for the full 4 hours to ensure it is fully charged.
- When your Zoombak LED turns amber, this means that your battery has approximately 25% of its charge left.
2. What is the battery life of your Zoombak?
Battery life depends on a variety of factors including temperature, network and signal strength and the frequency of location requests.
- A Zoombak locator works much like your mobile phone. When your mobile phone is not in use, it still uses the battery but much less than if you were actually talking on the phone. Similarly, when the Zoombak locator is "ON", it uses the battery life even when it is in standby mode. However, the battery is used most each time a request is made to locate your Zoombak.
- The more frequently you locate your Zoombak (just like the more time you talk on your mobile phone) the faster your battery charge will be depleted.
- The best way to stay informed of the time remaining on your battery is to set up an alert to receive low battery notifications either by text and/or by email. This can be set up by going to the "Settings" tab.
3. How many locates can be performed with a fully-charged battery?
Zoombak estimates that a fully-charged battery should be able to perform 150 locates. This means that your Zoombak device actively searches for its GPS location 150 times. For example, we estimate that you could push the "Find Now" button 150 times before the battery needs to be re-charged.