Types of Zoombak Tracking Modes
Find Now, Safety Zone and Continuous Tracking are all tracking modes to request location information from your Zoombak locator. Some modes request information from the locator more often than others and therefore, will cause the battery to be depleted faster.
1. What is "Find Now" mode?
Locates your Zoombak's current location every time you click the "Find Now" button on Zoombak.com, send a text message to mobile shortcode 96225 (ZMBAK) requesting your current device location or contact Customer Care and request the current location of your device.
- Number of Locates Per Hour: Varies by user.
This is an "on-demand" use of Zoombak, so usage will depend on how many times you use the "Find Now" feature.
- Battery Usage: Light-High
Usage depends on how often you use the "Find Now" feature. If this is done every minute for one hour, the battery life will be used up quickly. If only used once/day or a couple of times per day, then battery usage is minimized.
2. What is Safety Zone mode?
When you have set up a safety zone (See "Setting Up Safety Zones") and your safety zone is active, your Zoombak will perform a locate every 15 minutes for the duration of the safety zone schedule you set. You will be sent an entry/exit notification only when your locator has entered/left the zone.
- Number of Locates Per Hour: 4 locates/hour (A 24-hour/Always On zone would perform 96 locates each day.)
- Battery Usage: High (Depends on the length of time and number of days for which your safety zone is scheduled to be on.)
3. What is Continuous Tracking mode?
Locates your Zoombak's location every 5 minutes for up to 1 hour and displays this location on a map on Zoombak.com.
- Number of Locates Per Hour: 12
- Battery Usage: Medium